We're back!

Official announcements regarding Genesis3D and the Genesis3D forums
Orf
Site Admin

We're back!

Post by Orf » 2019-02-27 07:58:46

Welcome to the new forums of Genesis3D.

Genesis3D 1.x was an open source commercial 3d engine created in the late 90's by Eclipse Entertainment. Eclipse as a company was bought by WildTangent midway through the creation of Genesis3D 2.x. That engine went on to have commercial success as a closed source engine (The WildTangent Web Driver, which shipped on over 86 million machines) as well as an open source engine called Jet3D.

Although they aren't exactly viable to make games with at this stage in their life, Genesis3D 1.x and Jet3D are still available for download today from their respective websites (www.genesis3d.com and www.jet3d.com.)

As someone who has been with Genesis3D since the beginning, it is my goal to bring Genesis back as a modern, viable engine for multi-platform game development, with a well thought out easy to use API, and vibrant community support.

I've finished the forum theme and will be modernizing the website next prior to documenting the plan for Genesis 3.x. If you'd like to lend a hand as an engine programmer, please sign up on the forums and contact me!

Thanks,
Orf